Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cosplaying Mio Akiyama for my Make Me Up™ booth

Czari Flores - Mio Akiyama Cosplay - feature
On the second day of Metro Comic Con 2010 where I had my Make Me Up™ salon booth, I came in dressed (almost) as Mio Akiyama, the bass guitarist character from the anime K-On. I wore the costume I had been working on for weeks and with me was the guitar prop I made as well.
My family came to check out the booth and see me in costume.
These are some of the photos my dad took:
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 3
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 6
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 1
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 2
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 5
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 4
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 14
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 9
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 11
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 7
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 8
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 12
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 13
Mio Akiyama and V for Vendetta
A - Make Me Up - Czari as Mio Akiyama - 10
About the Mio Akiyama Dress
For this costume dress, I bought the materials, did the cutting, and sewed it by hand (since I do not know have a sewing machine). But I asked my aunt to do some sewing using her sewing machine to make the dress more durable. Also, she sewed the ruffles part since that would really take so much time if I sew it by hand only.
About the Stripe Warmer
As for the warmer on my right arm, I sewed this by hand only. I don’t know if it’s possible to sew it using sewing machine. It took so much time though because the strips were small and the materials were all stretchy.
The Bass Guitar
I made the guitar prop using cardboard from a balikbayan box. My friend Panch did some base painting, paint mixing, and lent me his acrylic paint. On the day that these photos were taken, I finished the painting at home before going to the convention ^_^ Hehe. Panch did tell me though that I made some mistakes in creating the guitar, such as using glue gun. I should’ve used stronger glue because now the boards are coming off! I’d have to re-do my guitar prop.
Missing Elements
Missing elements I have yet to finish/have/create to complete my costume: the right make up, black hat with red ribbon, black bow on my waist, guitar strap, better guitar prop, and petticoat! ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | WordPress Themes Review