Thursday, September 23, 2010

Czari on QTV with the XLR8 p-pop band and Make Me Up™

Czari Flores - with the XLR8 p-pop band and Make Me Up in Sweet Life show on QTV
Q or QTV network’s The Sweet Life, a lifestyle magazine type of show hosted by celebrities Lucy Torres-Gomez and Iza Calzado, invited me and Make Me Up™ for their cosplay episode to be aired on September 30, 2010.
Written by my friend TJ, the cosplay episode includes a very hilarious short act of some heroic cosplayers’ fight with a purple-haired villain who had in captive the boys from the XLR8 pinoy pop band, who all had cosplay-inspired looks.
The taping was held last September 23, 2010, at QTV’s studio in GMA-7.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV
A few days before the taping, when QTV contacted me for the shoot, it was the first time I heard of the pinoy pop boy band called XLR8. They told me that I’d be styling the band members’ hair for the episode. I then did my research of these boys.
XLR8 was inspired by the popularity of Korean pop bands in the Philippines. XLR8 is composed of eight young men — AJ, Aki, Arkin, Caleb, Carlo, Kiko, and twins MM & MJ. Their ages range from 17 to 21.

At first look, it seems as though they look Korean, but when you take a closer look and when you actually meet them in person, they don’t. In fact, the facial features of these boys really differ from one another, and you can tell what ethnicity they resemble.
I had a hard time memorizing their names at first (because there’s too many of them ^__^) but I finally know each one of them.
Here are some photos of me while I was coloring their hair before the taping:
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Aki 2
Half-Japanese Hideaki “Aki” Torio went first.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Aki 3
I chose bright “red” for Aki’s haircolor.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Arkin
For Arkin Del Rosario, I gave him a different shade of brown for a change.
(His hair was already dyed brown.)
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Caleb
For Caleb Santos, some strips of bright red, including near his hair-tie on the back.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Kiko
For Kiko Ramos, it was like Party Pilipinas all over again (where he cosplayed and wore a white wig). I colored his hair silver-white. Frosty! ^__^
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling Carlo
For Carlo Lazerna, a striking bright blue (like my car! ^__^)
In this photo, I was able to put on myself the right make up already.
How hard it was to work in a cosplay attire. Haha!
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - styling The Villain
For the villain in the act, bright purple.
While I was doing their hair, I didn’t notice that my dad was taking photos of them beside my Make Me Up™ dresser. Thanks so much, guys, for posing for these photos! ^__^
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Aki
Hideaki “Aki” Torio
I think that in most photos, Aki doesn’t look that Japanese, especially when he smiles. He looks more Filipino sometimes. But he is half-Japanese and is even fluent at it. I’d have to say though that Aki looks so much better in person and it shows that he has an interesting personality. He’s also very funny. Among all the boys there, Aki is my dad’s favorite. ^__^
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Cabel
Caleb Santos
As I have mentioned above, take a closer look and you’ll see that not all of them look Korean. They’re actually a great mix. To me, Caleb looks very Caucasian. He reminds me of the Hansons. Haha! ^__^ When you look at the quiet Caleb, it’s as if he couldn’t speak Filipino, until you hear him sing very well.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Kiko
Kiko Ramos
Another member that looks Caucasian is Kiko. He could pass for a Hollywood actor really. Maybe it’s because he reminds me of Harry Potter? Haha! I’ve read from Wikipedia that Kiko is considered as the “hyper” one in the group. Indeed he is. He is really very funny, friendly, and nice. (And, he’s a neighbor from Taguig! ^__^)
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Arkin
Arkin Del Rosario
The boy with so much hair. They were jokingly calling Arkin “Justin Bieber” because of his hair. Haha! ^__^ For some reason, to me Arkin looks very different in photos and in person. He looks very Filipino in pictures but is actually mestizo in person.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Carlo
Carlo Lazerna
The most important thing you should know from me about Carlo is that…he looks so much like Christian Esteban! Do you know Christian? He was one of my favorite Filipino celebs. I used to have Christianotosis, you know. ^_^ (Go here to know more about that).
Trivia: Carlo Lazerna was the one who thought of the band name XLR8.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - MJ
Meljohn “MJ” Magno
The twin brothers MJ and MM are the ones who look very Korean. The photo above is MJ. MM (or Melmar) was not present in the episode because he was sick. During the shoot, I noticed that MJ was the quietest in the group. But he is a real performer. I’ve also seen some of his videos on his YouTube account where he was playing the piano and singing. When you watch those videos, you’d probably notice how he plays, with his palms almost touching the white keys. I mentioned that to him when I got to meet him in person. He does get similar comments as that, but it’s because he didn’t have formal lessons in playing the piano. But still, he could play and he is good at it ^_^
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - AJ
AJ Muhlach
I’d have to say that I find AJ as the most accommodating…friendly and polite. He is such a nice guy ^_^ Hmm…I think he’s not so photogenic; he really looks so much better in person. He also tends to look moreno in photos, but he’s very mestizo when you see him.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - The Villain
It’s the star of the show! ^_^ The great villain amongst the cosplayers.
Do watch him act in the episode and be surprised.
And laugh very hard, just like the way we all did during the shoot.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Mio
Make Me Up before you go go, too, lil-bro Mio.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Set - Czari interview
The Setup on the Stage
L-R: Iza Calzado, Lucy Torres-Gomez, Carlo Lazerna, Caleb Santos, Kiko Ramos, MJ Magno, Arkin Del Rosario, Aki Torio, AJ Muhlach, Czari Flores, Mio Flores, and the stylist.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - XLR8 boys
XLR8 P-Pop Band
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - AJ Czari Mio and Stylist
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - fixing their hair
Kiko, Arkin and Aki touching up on their hair before the recording begins.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - TJ and Czari
TJ and Czari (me).
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Pablo Bairan and Czari Flores
Mr. Pablo Bairan (president of Cosplay.ph) and Czari Flores (me).
Mr. Bairan was the hero in the cosplay act of the episode.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - Mio Mommy and Czari
Mio Flores, Sheila Flores (mom), and Czari Flores as Mio Akiyama.
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - XLR8 Czari and Mio
Thanks for a memorable night, boys! ^_^
Czari of Make Me Up with the XLR8 pinoy pop band at Sweet Life QTV - A photo with Mio cosplayer
The episode airs on:
September 30, 2010, Thursday
The Sweet Life on QTV
5-6pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | WordPress Themes Review